An invaluable opportunity to have skilled professionals work with you on your business idea.
At SCCF, we match entrepreneurs with small business owners with a professional mentor who has the experience and expertise to assist them as they grow their business. These mentors provide guidance, feedback, and encouragement.
Benefits of Mentorship:
- Assistance in making short-term business decisions and setting goals
- Help to establish your professional network
- Host and informal feedback
- Exposure to new ideas, theories, practices, and/or people that might not be introduced without a mentor’s guidance
- Professional support and encouragement
Ready for a Mentor? To decide if you are ready to apply for a mentor, consider the following questions.
- Do I have a specific task I need help with?
- Is my business concept at the stage that I can commit to it’s development?
- Am I willing and available to meet monthly (at minimum)?
- Am I prepared to spend the time and do the work a mentor may request?
- Am I ready to let someone else hold me accountable?
To submit an application for a mentor, fill out the form below and we will be in touch:
Interested in Becoming a Mentor? Have the opportunity to:
- Share your business experience with new entrepreneurs and small business owners to help build the neighborhood you want to live in
- Be an active member in the Staunton Fund’s community and meet other like-minded mentors
- Learn management skills that are transferable to your career
- Be involved in helping make great things happen in the Central Shenandoah Valley
Every relationship between mentor and mentee can look different. However, a mentor can anticipate to speak to their mentee at least monthly. Skill sets, experience, and expectations will be examined at the matching stage. Reach out to our office if you are interested in becoming involved.